Healthcare delivered through a medical home is accessible, patient-centered, personalized, continuous, comprehensive, coordinated, compassionate and culturally responsive. A medical home team includes patients as active participants in their own health and well-being, and all of their care providers (doctors, dentists, therapists, etc.) who collaborate with each other. One of the team's professionals takes the lead in coordinating the patient's care.
In a successful medical home, every issue faced by an individual, such as medical, dental, vision, educational, psychological and developmental, are identified and addressed. The goal is to ensure individuals have access to the healthcare and other resources they may require.
- National Center for Medical Home Implementation, American Academy of Pediatrics
- The National Center for Medical Home Implementation is focused on ensuring all children and youth -- particularly those with special health care needs -- have access to a medical home. They provide resources, technical assistance and collaborate with local, state and national partners.
- American College of Physicians
- This site houses a wide variety of resources centered around physicians who are implementing a medical home approach into their own practice.
- Colorado Children's Healthcare Access Program
- CCHAP is dedicated to children in need who are currently on Medicaid and CHP+. Its mission is to ensure that every child has a comprehensive healthcare program, or a medical home, and has access to resources necessary for successful development, growth and well-being.
- Colorado Medical Home Initiative
- This site contains information about the Colorado Medical Home Initiative and what's taking place in Colorado to increase the number of individuals who receive healthcare through a medical home.
- Best Health Sites
- This collection of web links, organized by site type, will help you find the health information you're looking for.
- Suggest a Resource
- Did we miss something? Submit a website or other resource for consideration.