Medicaid is a federal-state health program for certain low-income people and others. Medicaid provides health coverage to millions of Americans, including eligible low-income adults, children, pregnant women, low-income seniors, and people with disabilities.
- Information for consumers and professionals from the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services.
- Program on Medicaid and the Uninsured
- The Kaiser Family Foundation's Program on Medicaid and the Uninsured focuses on key health policy issues at the national and state level, including Medicaid and health reform, access to care, and healthcare financing for the low-income population. This site has a wide variety of information about Medicaid.
Applying for Health First Colorado (Colorado's Medicaid Program)
- Larimer Health Connect
- Applications may be picked up at the Larimer Health Connect office at 144 N. Mason St., Unit 7, in Fort Collins. Free, in-person assistance in filling out the application is also available. Please call 970-472-0444 to make an appointment. Se habla Espanol.
- Larimer County Department of Human Services
- Call 970-498-6300, or visit the Human Services Department at 1501 Blue Spruce Drive in Fort Collins for information or applications for Health First Colorado (Colorado's Medicaid Program) and other basic assistance programs.
- Colorado Department of Health Care Policy and Financing
- The HCPF website has a list of providers who take Health First Colorado (Colorado's Medicaid Program). Use the filters to narrow your search to find the specific type of provider you need.