Women have unique health needs and are often the gatekeeper for their family's healthcare. This topic offers information on preventive screenings for women and points women to health sites they will find useful.
Note: This topic was prepared to help consumers find reliable health resources on the web. This site is not responsible for the information on other sites. The information here — and on all websites — is not intended to be a substitute for care by a health professional.
Recommended Screenings for Women
- A Lifetime of Good Health
- This web page offers tools for moms-to-be, for quitting smoking, diet and nutrition, for scheduling health screenings and more! A service of the National Women's Health Information Center, part of the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services' Office of Women's Health.
Websites for Women's Health
- Womenshealth.gov, National Women's Health Information Center
- This website (and its toll-free call center) is a project of the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services' Office of Women's Health. It provides free, reliable health information for women of all ages.
- HealthFinder, Women's Health
- HealthFinder.gov is the federal website developed by the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services to serve as a source for finding the best government and nonprofit health and human service on the Internet. The Women's Health section of the site offers information about breast and cervical cancer, osteoporosis, heart health and more.
- Local Healthcare Providers
- There are many local healthcare practices that provide care focusing on women. From midwives to ob/gyn practices, breastfeeding support groups, mammograms and other types of care, local providers are available. Search on this website for the specific type of care you need.
- Poudre River Public Library District
- Search the library collection for books about women's health issues, or use the library's health, sciences and technology databases.
- Best Health Sites
- This collection of web links, organized by site type, will help you find the health information you're looking for.
- Health and Healthcare Statistics
- Looking for health and healthcare statistics at the local, state and national level? This collection of web links will help you find the health data you're looking for. Great for researchers, grant writers, students and the curious.
- Suggest a Resource
- Did we miss something? Submit a web site or other resource for consideration.