Looking for additional health information on the Internet? This collection of web links, organized by site type, will help you find the health information you're looking for.
Education and Hospital Sites
- Mayo Clinic
- Consumer health information from the Mayo Clinic in Rochester, Minnesota.
- Sponsored by the American Academy of Family Physicians, this site includes a wealth of health and medical information, including a library of videos on different health issues, produced by a team of physicians, journalists and documentary producers.
- Produced by the Nemours Center for Children's Health Media, this site offers three categories of information: for kids, for teens and for parents. The kids' section includes answers to things like why girls should play sports and why some kids are left-handed. The teens' section includes topics such as studying and preparing for college, learning to drive, and the risks associated with trying drugs and alcohol.
- Kaiser Health News
- Kaiser Health News, sponsored by the Kaiser Family Foundation, is an editorially independent nonprofit news organization dedicated to in-depth coverage of healthcare policy and politics. It provides coverage of health policy issues and developments at the federal and state levels, in the healthcare marketplace and healthcare delivery system.
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention
- The lead federal agency for protecting the health and safety of people.
- This site is coordinated by the Office of Disease Prevention and Health Promotion, a part of the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services. The site offers dietary guidelines, physical activity guidelines, and information about health literacy, healthcare quality and patient safety.
- A guide to reliable consumer health and human services information, developed by the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services.
- National Institutes of Health
- One of the health agencies of the U.S. Public Health Services which, in turn, is part of the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services. The NIH is composed of 27 separate components, mainly institutes and centers, NIH is the lead federal research institute dedicated to the nation's health.
- Colorado Department of Public Health and Environment
- The top health agency for the state of Colorado.
- Larimer County Department of Health and Environment
- The county health department's mission is to promote a healthy community and reduce unnecessary suffering caused by preventable disease, disability or death.
- This website provides up-to-date, local health information and is sponsored by the Health District of Northern Larimer County and the Larimer County Department of Health and Environment.
- Consumer Fact Sheets, Colorado State University Cooperative Extension
- The CSU Cooperative Extension Office offers fact sheets on a variety of topics related to families, housing, finances and more.
- Health District Compass
- The Health District of Northern Larimer County's quarterly publication with local health information.
- Health Statistics, HealthInfoSource
- This topic includes links to websites for local, state and national health statistics.
- Suggest a Resource
- Did we miss something? Submit a website or other resource for consideration.