This collection of links provides parents with immunization schedules for children and information about vaccine safety and effectiveness.
Note: This topic was prepared to help consumers find reliable health resources on the web. This site is not responsible for the information on other sites. The information here — and on all websites — is not intended to be a substitute for care by a health professional.
General Information on Vaccinations
- For Parents: Vaccines for Your Children, CDC
- This information from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention covers the purpose of vaccines, common misconceptions, vaccine safety, and risks of not vaccinating a child.
- Parents' Guide to Childhood Immunizations, CDC
- This link lets you download (in PDF format) or order the Parents' Guide to Childhood Immunization, a free booklet introducing parents and caregivers to the role that vaccines play in keeping children healthy. The booklet is available in English and Spanish.
Recommended Shot Schedule
- Child, Teen, and Adult Immunization Schedules, CDC
- Are your child's vaccinations up to date? The immunization schedules list the ages (birth to 18 years old) for when each vaccine or series of shots should be given. The schedules are developed by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention and approved by the American Academy of Pediatrics, the American Academy of Family Physicians and others.
- Colorado Department of Public Health and Environment Immunization Program
- Information is available about immunization schedules, school immunization requirements, and more.
Vaccine Safety Issues
The Internet is a wonderful tool for making information widely and rapidly available, but it also makes information available that is incorrect and that has not been reviewed for scientific accuracy. This collection of links will help you find and evaluate health information about vaccines.
- Vaccine Safety, CDC
- This vaccine information from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention covers issues of interest concerning vaccines.
- Institute for Vaccine Safety
- The Institute for Vaccine Safety is part of the Bloomberg School of Public Health at Johns Hopkins University. The mission is to provide an independent assessment of vaccines and vaccine safety to help guide decision makers and educate physicians, the public and the media about key issues surrounding the safety of vaccines.
- Vaccine Side Effects, CDC
- This information from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention covers possible side effects of many vaccines.
- Larimer County Department of Health and Environment, Children's Immunizations
- The Larimer County Department of Health and Environment has general information about vaccinations for infants, young children, and teens, as well as information about back-to-school vaccinations.
- Colorado Immunization Information System (CIIS)
- By participating in the Colorado Immunization Information System (CIIS), healthcare professionals, parents and individuals can rest assured that their immunization records are complete, safe and confidential. Operated by the Colorado Immunization Section at the Colorado Department of Public Health and Environment, CIIS enables any immunization provider in Colorado to electronically track immunizations a person has received, thereby maintaining an ongoing and complete record to ensure that the person receives all recommended shots.
- Poudre River Public Library District
- Search the library collection for books about vaccines and vaccine-preventable illnesses, or use the library's health, sciences and technology databases.
- Best Health Sites
- This collection of web links, organized by site type, will help you find the health information you're looking for.
- Health and Healthcare Statistics
- Looking for health and healthcare statistics at the local, state and national level? This collection of web links will help you find the health data you're looking for. Great for researchers, grant writers, students and the curious.