Having trouble making sense of medical terminology? This collection of links to online medical dictionaries will help.
- In addition to general descriptions of conditions, WebMD also offers information about symptoms, treatment and more.
- MedlinePlus Medical Dictionary
- This medical dictionary is a service of the U.S. National Library of Medicine and the National Institutes of Health. This site lets you type in a word you would like a definition for.
- MedlinePlus Medical Encyclopedia
- This medical encyclopedia defines, explains and often illustrates more than 4,000 diseases, tests, symptoms, injuries and surgeries.
- BioMedSearch is a biomedical search engine that contains NIH/PubMed documents, plus a large collection of theses, dissertations and other publications.
- KidsHealth Medical Dictionary
- This medical dictionary from KidsHealth (a project of the Nemours Foundation) has kid-friendly definitions and easy-to-understand explanations.
- Poudre River Public Library District
- Search the library collection for books about health, or use the library's health, sciences and technology databases.
- Suggest a Resource
- Did we miss something? Submit a website or other resource for consideration.