Allergists/immunologists are specialists in the diagnosis and treatment of allergies, asthma, and other diseases of the immune system. Allergists have completed medical school, at least three years of residency in pediatrics or internal medicine, then at least two years of specialized training in allergy and immunology. To be board certified, they must pass an examination and regularly attend continuing medical education programs in allergy and immunology.

Source: MedlinePlus and American Academy of Allergy, Asthma & Immunology

Note: This definition was prepared to help consumers find reliable health resources on the web. This site is not responsible for the information on other sites. The information here — and on all websites — is not intended to be a substitute for care given to you by a health professional.

Recommended Reading

American Academy of Allergy, Asthma and Immunology
This website has an information section on conditions and treatments, and a "Virtual Allergist" symptom checker to help you and your family understand allergies.

Asthma and Allergy Foundation of America
This excellent website includes information on various topics related to allergies and asthma.

American College of Allergy, Asthma and Immunology
Check out this site for information about how an allergist practices medicine, along with resources for patients.

box_up_left.gif   box_up_right.gif

Take our Survey:


The website is easy to use/navigate:

The website is useful in finding local health information:

box_down_left.gif   box_down_right.gif
box_up_left.gif   box_up_right.gif
  You may also be interested in:  
box_down_left.gif   box_down_right.gif
left_green.gif middle_green.gif right_green.gif

about this site | sponsors | feedback | providers: get listed
home | search providers | search classes and events | search health information

bottom_left_corner.gif bottom_middle.gif bottom_right_corner.gif